DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 19-11-2021
Shankar School of Banking November 19 , 2021 41
Defence Minister inaugurates the renovated war memorial
- The Rezang La war memorial situated in Chushul district of eastern Ladakh was renovated and inaugurated by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The war memorial was constructed on1963, constructed to honour the brave soldiers who lost their lives in the battle of Rezang la occurred during the Indo Sino war 1962.
- The names of the soldiers who lost their names in the recent Galawan standoff was also added in the inscription of the war memorial.
- The revamped memorial consists of a museum, a mini theatre to cast a documentary about the war and a helipad.
CEEW-CEF revealed its analysis report
- Centre of Energy, Environment and Water Research- Centre for energy research firm, a think tank has conducted an analysis to meet goals of net zero carbon di oxide emmisions.
- It predicted that India would need close $10 trillion to achieve the net zero carbon di oxide emmission by 2070.
- The budget estimated would be focussed on power generation by renewable energy and develop the production of green hydrogen.
- $8.4 trillion would be used to increase the power generation from renewable energy and its integration, distribution and transmission infrastructure. Remaining $1.5 trillion will be used to set up industries to produce green hydrogen.
- It also estimated that crude oil consumption would peak by 2050 and would gradually decline to 90% between 2040 and 2060
- It also analysed that India would reach a peak in power generation by coal during 2040 and reduce its coal usage by 99% between 2040 to 2060.
- India will also fall short of its target in achieving net zero by a sum of $3.5 trillion, and it will also require an investment support of $1.4 trillion from the pockets of developed countries.
- Green hydrogen may contribute 19% of the total energy needs of the industrial sector.
All India Presiding Officer’s conference held at Shimla
- The 82nd edition of three day All India Presiding Officer’s conference was inaugurated by Presiding officer of Lok Sabha Om Birla on 17 Nov.
- The key points discussed in the conference was about the disruptions during the question hour, he also raised about the issue of Disqualification of speaker on the basis of anti defection, but there was no consensus from the other presiding officers.
- He also added to increase the number of sittings of the legelative bodies
- He also insisted to start the practise of Zero Hour in the state assemblies inorder to raise urgent issues by the members.
Russia succesfully tested Zircon
- Russia has succesfully tested its Zircon hypersonic cruise missile from a warship aimed a target at White sea.
- It is capable of attaining 8-9 mach speed and can fly at mid flight which makes it difficult to intercept them.
- It was also nicknamed as Invicible by the Russian President Vladimir Putin.
China supports Myanmar Junta leader to attend ASEAN meeting
- China has shared its support for Myanmar junta leader Min Aung Hlaing to attend the ASEAN meeting to be held on Nov 22.
- China has backed the junta leader, amid receiving objections from countries like Indonesia, Brunei, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Association`of Southeast Asian Nations(ASEAN) is an intergovernmental organization to improve economic, political, security, military, educational between its members.
- It comprises of 10 member states namely-Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Phillippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Economics and Finance
RBI recommends separate legislation to check on digital lending
- The Central bank has recomme3nded a separate legislation to monitor digital lending and lending through online platform and apps.
- The RBI has also recommended a Self Regulatory Organisation for the participants in digital lending.
- The working group has also proposed to develop certain baseline technology standards and also its compliance.
- It also recommended to disburse loan directly into the bank accounts of the borrowers.
India’s biggest IPO’s shares fell
- Paytm, India’s biggest IPO in saw a fall in its share prices by 27%, The issue price was at Rs 2,150, but the shares declined to 27.3% at the end with a price of Rs1,564.
- Paytm’s IPO was subscribed at a price of Rs18,300 crore IPO, greater than the IPO of Miner Coal India at Rs 15,000 crore.
Prakash Padukone to receive lifetime achievement award
- India’s first ever Badminton championship medalist Prakash Padukone to be honoured with the lifetime achievement award by Badminton World Federation.
Gabrine Muguruza wins WTA Tennis tournament
- Gabrine Muguruza becomes the first women from Spain to win WTA finals defeating Anett Kontaveit.
- 552nd Guru Nanak Jayanthi is observed on Nov19th.
- Nov 19th is Observed as International Men’s day.
- Nov19th is also observed as National Integration day.