DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 13-10-2021
Shankar School of Banking October 14 , 2021 33
Subject Expert Comittee recommends emergency use of Covaxin in 2-18 age group
- The subject expert committee of the Central Drugs Standars Control Organisatio(CDSO) has recommended for emergency use authorisation(EUA) of covaxin in 2-18 age group.
- If the recommendation is approved it would be the first COVID 19 Vaccine globally to be used in vaccinating children as young as 2 years.
- Covaxin Is indigeneous whole virion vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech in collaboration with Indian Medical Research Council(ICMR).
- Bharat biotech ha completed Phase 2 and phase 3 trials among children, Two doses could be administered to children within a gap of 28 days.
Adani Group Takes over Jaipur International Airport
- Adani Group has took over the responsibilities of the Jaipur International Airport from the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- The airport has been leased out by government of India for a lease period of 50 years.
- Jaipur airport can accommodate 14 aircraft and new terminal which is being built can handle 1000 passengers, It is listed as the 11th busiest airport of India.
ICRL report shows a dip in Retail Inflation.
- India’s Retail Inflation dipped off to a five month low of 4.35% in September, because of the sharp dip in food prices.
- It also saw a growth in Industrial output growth which saw an increase of 11.9% in august.
- Food Inflation based on Consumer food price index fell to 0.68% in September after having a seven month low of 3.1% in august.
- Vegetable recorded a negative inflation of 22.5% and prices of Oils and fats remained same at 34.2%.
- For key proteins like pulses, eggs and meat remained at range of 7%-8.75%.
- But the core inflation that does not include food and fuel prices trends remained high at 5.8% for the third month in row.
About ICRA: It is n Indian Independent and professional investment information and credit rating agency established on 1991.
It was joint venture between Moody’s and various commercial banks and financial services company.
Prime Minister launches a national master plan for multimodal connectivity
- Prime minister will be launching a new national master plan for multimodal connectivity named ‘PM-Ghati Sakthi’.
- This national plan will resolve the problems faced by infrastructure development, which includes resolving lack of coordination between various departments digging up roads to lay cables, Pipelines.
- PM- Ghati Sakthi will address the past through institutionalizing holistic planning for stakeholders in major infrastructure projects.
- The master plan will cover projects of many ministries and State Governments including Sagarmala, Bharatmala, UDAN, in land water ways, dry land ports, Textile clusters, defence corridors, electroniuiuc parks, Industrial corridors, fishing clusters and agricultutral zones.
Centre has approved fertilizer subsidy
- Government has approved an additional fertilizer subsidy of Rs 28,655 crore for rabi or winter planting season.
- The cabinet committee on economic affairs approved the new nutrient based subsidy rates for phosphatic and potassic fertilizers.
- The susidy is provided to fertilizer companies as they sell their products to farmers below market prices.
- Except Urea, where centre fixes maximum retail price, non urea fertilizers are decontrolled with government fixing nutrient based subsidy rates instead.
- The a 50 kg di ammonium phosphate will remain at Rs 1200.
China launches Bio diversity fund
- China pledged to inject 233 million dollars into a new fund to protect biodiversity in developing countries during a key UN conservation summit.
- Delegates from 195 countries gathered in southern Chinese city of Kunming, For the first of the two part summit on safeguarding plants, animals and ecosystem.
- The summit aims to establish a new accord selling out targets for 2030 and 2050.
- China will take the lead in establishing the Kunming biodiversity fund with a capital contribution of 1.5 billion Yuan.
- Oct 13 is observed as International day for natural disaster reduction