Toycathon 2021 launched jointly by Union Ministers
Shankar School of Banking January 6 , 2021 70
A Marathon of Focused Webinars - “Udyog Manthan” begins
- A Marathon of Focused Webinars for Promoting Quality and Productivity in Indian Industry “Udyog Manthan” was organised by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade under Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- It is being held from January 4, 2021 to March 2, 2021.
- Udyog Manthan will identify challenges, opportunities; draw upon solutions and best practices.
- Minister of Commerce & Industry: Piyush Goyal
DRDO Signs MOU with MAHA-METRO
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) signed MoU on January 5th 2021, with Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation (MAHA-METRO) for implementation of Advanced Biodigester Mk-II Technology in Metro Rail Network.
- Under this MoU, DRDO will render technical support for the implementation of its advanced biodigester Mk-II technology for the treatment of human waste (night soil) in the metro rail network.
- DRDO’s biodigester is an indigenous, green and cost-effective technology, with a rare distinction of having one of the largest numbers of DRDO-licensees.
- This technology is upgraded through improvements in the bio-degradation efficiency, design modification and addition of secondary treatment module.
- This technology was primarily developed for the armed forces in high altitude Himalayan regions, including Leh-Ladakh and Siachen glacier.
Toycathon 2021 launched jointly by Union Ministers
- Union Minister of Education, Women and Child Development, Textile, Commerce and Industries, MSME, I&B and the AICTE jointly launched Toycathon – 2021.
- This aims to crowd source ideas for developing toys and games that are based on Indian culture and ethos, local folklore and heroes, and Indian value systems.
- The Toycathon is based on nine themes viz. Indian Culture, History, Knowledge of India and Ethos; Learning, Education and Schooling; Social and human values; Occupations & specific fields; Environment; Divyang ; Fitness and sport; Out of the box, creative and logical thinking and Rediscovering/redesigning traditional Indian toys
- Minister of Education: Ramesh Pokhriyal.
- Minister of Women and Child Development & Minister of Textiles: Smriti Irani
- Minister of MSME: Nitin Gadkari
- Minister of I&B: Prakash Javadekar
KamdhenuGau-VigyanPrachar-Prasar Exam – to raise awareness about indigenous cows
- RASTRIYA KAMDHENU AAYOG (RKA) has come out with a noble initiative of making Study materials about Cow Science available and to conduct “Kamdhenu Gau-VigyanPrachar-Prasar Examination”.
- This will infuse the curiosity into all Indians about the cows, and make them aware of the unexplored potential and business opportunities a cow can offer, even after it stops giving milk.
- RashtriyaKamdhenuAayog (RKA) has been constituted by the Government of India for the conservation, preservation, protection and development of cows and their progenies and for giving directions for the cattle development programmes.
- RKA is a high-powered permanent body to formulate policies and to provide directions for the implementation of schemes related to cattle so as to lay more emphasis on livelihood generation for small & marginal farmers, women and youth entrepreneurs.
Government of West Bengal Signed $105 million Project with World Bank
- The Government of India, the Government of West Bengal and the World Bank today signed a $105 million project to improve the inland water transport infrastructure in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The West Bengal Inland Water Transport, Logistics and Spatial Development Project will facilitate passenger and freight movement across the Hooghly river
- The Hooghly river, a distributary of the river Ganga, in Kolkata separates the Kolkata port from North East of India and two landlocked countries- Nepal and Bhutan.
Facts on World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington DC
- Founded: July 1944, Bretton Woods, USA
- President of WB: David Malpass
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated one of the seven labs of the world
- Harsh Vardhan inaugurated one of the seven labs of the world called as the centralized network lab of Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) established at Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI)
- THSTI is an institute of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT). This is the only laboratory of such kind in India.
- CEPI is an innovative partnership between public, private, philanthropic, and civil organizations, launched at Davos in 2017, to develop vaccines to stop future epidemics.
- Ind-CEPI Mission aims to strengthen the development of vaccines for the diseases of epidemic potential in India as well as build coordinated preparedness in the Indian public health system and vaccine industry to address existing and emergent infectious threats in India.
Freight Business Development Portal launched
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal today launched a Freight Business Development Portal as one stop solution for all the needs of freight customers.
- The new portal will improve the ease of doing business with Railways.
- The portal offers the easy registration, Professional support, Convenient tools, Commodity Information pages.