DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 9, 10-01-2022
Shankar School of Banking January 10 , 2022 154
Centre Organises First ever Start-up India Innovation Week
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is set to organize the first-ever Startup India Innovation Week from 10th -16th of January 2022.
- This virtual innovation celebration is designed to showcase the spread and depth of entrepreneurship across India and aims to commemorate the 75th year of India’s independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- With 40+ unicorns added in the year It has been recognised as the 'year of unicorns’.
- DPIIT has recognised more than 61,000 startups representing 55 industries, spread across 633 districts with at least one startup from every State and UT of the country have created over 6 lakh jobs since 2016.
- 45% of the startups are from Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities and 45% of them are represented by women entrepreneurs.
- This startup and innovation festival's primary goal is to bring together the country's key startups, entrepreneurs, investors, incubators, funding entities, banks, policymakers, and other national/international stakeholders to celebrate entrepreneurship and promote innovation.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) works under the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry - Piyush Goyal
- Secretary- Anurag Jain`
ICMR approves testing kit to detect omicron
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has recently approved a indigineosuly develpoed testing kit for detecting the new covid variant Omicron.
- The Kit has been manufactured by Tata medical and diagonstics (TATA-MD) to detect the new variant.
- The price for the testing kit has been placed at Rs 250 per test, which is cheaper than the current testing kits.
- The Omisure test kit detects the Omicron Variant directly from the nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal specimens, which eleminates the arduous process of genome sequencing.
- The test run time of this kit is 85 minutes. The result turnaround time, including sample collection and RNA extraction, is 130 minutes.
ICMR Director General-Balram Bhargava
First Janshatabdi express trains flagged between Manipur and Tripura
- The first ever special train Jan Shatabdi connecting Agartala in Tripura with Jiribam in Manipur was flagged by the Minister of Railways, Communications, Electronics and Information Technology Ashiwini Vaishnav and Union Minister for Culture, Tourism And Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) G Kishan Reddy.
- The special trains will be a crucial link to important towns and provide a major boost to passenger connectivity, trade and tourism.
- The express will connect some important and historic towns like Silchar, Badarpur, New Karimganj, Dharmanagar and Ambassa apart from Jiribam and Agartala the two terminal stations.
- Train journey will reduce the travel time by half, as the journey time will be around 6 hours covering a distance of 300 Kms against about 12 hours by road.
- The Train will be operated thrice in the week-Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
New evidence of Water on moon
- Chins’s Chang’e-5 lunar landar probe has found the first ever on-site evidence of Water on the Moon’s Surface.
- It has sent the photos shot by the probe which shows the Moon rock and surrounding lunar soil that the water was detected.
- A Chinese research team led by Institute of Geology and Geophysics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (IGGCAS) has analyzed the photos using onboard lunar mineralogical spectrometer (LMS).
- The instrument uses visible and Infrared light to analyze the mineralogical composition of a small area in the Moon’s Surface.
- The data rvealed that the specimen showed water content in both soil and porous rock, and it contained less than 120parts per million of water eas detected in the lunar soil, and about 180 ppm in the rock specimen.
- Chang’e-5 is the 5th lunar exploration mission of the chinese lunar exploration programme and the first ever lunar sample return mission launched using Long March-5 Y5 rocket from Wenchang Space launch centre
- The spacecraft was launched on 23rd November 2020 and the probe reached the lunar surface on Dec1 2020.
- China is the third country after US and Russia to bring Lunar samples back to earth.
BANKING FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
NSO estimates growth in India’s GDP in the fiscal 2021-22
- The National Statistical (NSO) has estimated India’s GDP is expected to grow at 9.2% in the fiscal 2021-22`.
- The GDP estimate for the fiscal 2020-21 was projected at 7.3% by the The National Statistical (NSO).
- The data was released in its first estimates of economic output.
- GDP at constant prices with the values of 2011-12 in the year 2021-22 is estimated at Rs 147.54 lakh crore, as against the estimate of GDP for the year 2020-21 at Rs 135.13 lakh crore.
- The Gross value added estimates show the mining sector will see a maximum growth of 14.3% from previous year’s contraction.
- It was followed by manufacturing sector, expanding by 12.5% from 7.2% in the previous year.
- Agriculture sector is estimated to grow at 3.9% in FY22, The electricity, water supply and other utility services category is expected to grow at 8.5% , while construction is expected to grow 10.7% and trade, hotels, transport, communication and broadcasting services are expected to grow at 11.9% against the contraction of 18.2% last year.
Chairman of NSO-Bimal K Roy
Rohan Bopanna-Ramkumar Ramanathan wins Adelaide International doubles trophy
- Rohan Bopanna and Ramkumar Ramanathan has won the Adelaide International doubles trophy defeating Ivan Dodgig and Marcelo Mela.
- It is Rohan Bopanna’s 20th ATP doubles title and first title for Ramkumar Ramanathan.
ATP 250 World tour winners
- Rafael Nadal from Spain has defeated American Maxime Cressy in the mens singles final of the Melbourne Summer Set ATP 250.
- It was Nadal's 89th tour-level crown as the Spaniard saved a set point in the first set tie-break and rallied from a game down in the 2nd set against Cressy.
- Ash Barty of Australia Adelaide International tour defeating Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan Women's Singles final.
- This is the Barty’s 14th career singles title and second in Adelaide.
73rd Grandmaster of India
- All India Chess Federation has annponced that Bharath Subramaniyam, a 14 year old has become the 73rd Grandmaster of India.
- The Chennai-based teenager completed his final GM Norm and crossed the requisite 2500 rating at Vergani Cup Open in Italy.
- Subramaniyam finished seventh overall in the event held at Cattolica by scoring 6.5 points from nine rounds.
- To achieve the Grandmaster (GM) title, a player has to secure three GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points.
APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- Justice Ayesha Malik has been appointed as the Pakisthan’s first women judge of the Supreme Court.
- Former Rserve bank of India Governor Urjit Patel `has been appointed as the Vice President of the Beijing Based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(AIIB).