DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 30/04/2021
Shankar School of Banking April 30 , 2021 392
Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Act, 2021
- The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill, 2021 was introduced in Lok Sabha on March 15, 2021 and was passed by the parliament.
- The Bill amends the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act, 1991.
- The Act provides a framework for the functioning of the Legislative Assembly and the government of the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi.
- The Bill amends certain powers and responsibilities of the Legislative Assembly and the Lieutenant Governor.
- The Bill provides that the term “government” referred to in any law made by the Legislative Assembly will imply Lieutenant Governor (LG).
- The Act requires the LG to reserve certain Bills passed by the Legislative Assembly for the consideration of the President.
- The Bill adds that on certain matters, as specified by the LG, his opinion must be obtained before taking any executive action on the decisions of the Minister/ Council of Ministers.
China launches core module of its space station
- China recently launched the core module of its space station named Tianhe module.
- The Tianhe module will act as the management and control hub of the space station Tiangong (Heavenly Palace).
- The station will operate in the low-Earth orbit at an altitude from 340 km to 450 km.
- The International Space Station (ISS) is a multinational collaborative project involving five participating space agencies which included NASA, (US), Roscomos (Russia) – left recently, JAXA (Japan), ESA (Europe), and CSA (Canada).
Regulation for Self-Driving Vehicles
- The UK has become the first country to announce regulation of the use of self-driving vehicles at slow speeds on motorways.
- The Transport Ministry in Britain said that it will make a Automated Lane Keeping Systems (ALKS) - which use sensors and software to keep cars within a lane, allowing them to accelerate and brake without driver input.
- The use of ALKS would be restricted to motorways, at speeds under 60 km per hour.
- Michael Collins was the pilot in the Apollo 11 mission, died on 28th April 2021 at the age of 90.
- Apollo 11 was the ship from which Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin left to make their historic first steps on the moon in 1969.
- Mr. Collins never set foot on the lunar surface.
- IAS Officer T V Somanathan has been designated as the Finance Secretary.
- He was serving as the Secretary in Department of Expenditure under the Finance Ministry.
- He is a 1987 batch IAS Officer of Tamil Nadu Cadre.
- The National Commission for Women has launched a WhatsApp helpline number – 9354954224, for providing emergency medical assistance to pregnant women.
- The G7 Digital and Technology Ministerial Meet held. G7 countries - The UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the US and European Union.