DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 24-11-2022
Shankar School of Banking November 24 , 2022 64
Fourth Edition of Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue
- The fourth edition of the Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) was begun on 23 November 2022 in New Delhi. This dialogue will continue till 25 November 2022.
- IPRD is an apex level international annual conference of the Indian Navy.
- The National Maritime Foundation is the knowledge partner of the Navy and the main organiser of each edition of the event.
- The theme of IPRD-2022 is the 'Operationalising the Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative'.
- As part of the event, globally renowned speakers and eminent panellists will explore how the areas of maritime cooperation can be operationalized optimally and inclusively.
Ponds Constructed Under Mission Amrit Sarovar
- The government has completed the construction of more than 25,000 Amrit Sarovars within the 6 months.
- Under the Mission Amrit Sarovar, a target has been set to build 50,000 Amrit Sarovars by 15 August 2023.
- Mission Amrit Sarovar was launched on 24 April 2022 with the resolve to build 75 Amrit Sarovars during the 75th year of independence as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The objective is to build in every district to overcome the water crisis in rural areas of the country.
Shriram Life Gets PFRDA Approval
- Shriram Life Insurance Company (SLIC) is empanelled as an Annuity Service Provider by the Pension Fund Regulatory Development Authority (PFRDA).
- The empanelment will help the insurance major manage the annuity component of the maturity proceeds under the National Pension System (NPS).
- SLIC’s empanelment as ASP will help it mobilize 40% of the NPS maturity amount which will be open to investment in annuity schemes.
- The annuity premium mobilization in India is above ₹25,000 crore per year.
- Annuity Service Provider is an IRDA-registered insurance company empanelled by PFRDA for providing Annuity Services to NPS subscribers upon their exit from the system.
Navi Enters into Co-Lending Partnership with Piramal
- Navi Group, a technology-driven financial products and services company has partnered with Piramal Capital and Housing Finance Ltd to offer digital personal loans in India.
- The partnership would allow the fintech startup to serve 11,000 pin codes across India.
- Under the partnership, customers can get digital personal loans of up to Rs 20 Lakh with a tenure of up to 72 months through the startup’s app.
- Piramal Finance will fund 80% of the loans generated by the partnership, while the rest will come from Navi Finserv, a subsidiary of Navi Technologies.
Inter Services Volleyball Championship 2022-23
- Army Red team won the title by defeating Army Green in the 72nd Inter-Services Volleyball Championship held at Eagle Indoor Volleyball Stadium, Secunderabad.
- The Army Red team defeated Army Green by 3-1.
- The event provided an opportunity to outstanding sportsmen for getting selected to the Services Volleyball team.
AWARDS & PRIZES
Sumitra Charat Ram Award
- Uma Sharma, a Kathak exponent has received the ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award’ for Lifetime Achievement in appreciation of her contribution to Indian classical music and dance.
- She is a renowned classical dancer who has received the Padma Shri (1973) and the Padma Bhushan (2001) for her distinctive contribution to India’s cultural history.
- She received the award from former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Karan Singh and Sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan at a ceremony hosted by Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra at Kamani Auditorium.
- The Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement has been granted for the past 11 years to honour outstanding Artists who have made a lasting contribution to the world of Indian Classical Music and Dance.
National Gopal Ratna Awards 2022
- Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Ministry announced the National Gopal Ratna Awards 2022.
- The awards will be given to the winners on 26 November 2022, which will be celebrated as National Milk Day.
- The Award has been given in three categories.
- These categories are- Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle and buffalo Breeds, Best Artificial Insemination Technician and Best Dairy Cooperative, Milk Producer Company, Dairy Farmer Producer Organization.
- The award consists of a cash prize of 5 lakh rupees for first rank, 3 lakh rupees for second rank and 2 lakh rupees for third rank.
- National Gopal Ratna Award is one of the highest National Awards in the field of livestock and dairy sector.
Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards for Year 2021
- President Droupadi Murmu will give away the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards for the year 2021, at the Rashtrapati Bhawan on 30 November 2022.
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports announced the National Adventure Awards for the year 2021.
- The award will be given in four categories, Land Adventure, Water Adventure, Air Adventure and Life Time Achievement.
- Group Capitan Bhawani Singh Samyal will be conferred with Life time Achievement award, Shubham Dhananjay Vanmali with Water Adventure and Naina Dhakad with Land Adventure.
- They will receive statuettes, certificates and award money 15 lakh rupees each.
- Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards are given every year to recognize the achievements of persons in the fields of adventure, to encourage young people to develop the spirit of endurance.
UNEP’s ‘Champions of the Earth’ for 2022
- India’s Purnima Devi Barman, an Assam-based wildlife biologist is one of the five ‘Champions of the Earth’ for the year 2022, was announced by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- The annual awards are the highest environmental honour that the UNEP confers on individuals and organisations whose actions have a “transformative impact” on the environment.
- She has been honoured in the Entrepreneurial Vision category.
- The other honourees include Arcenciel (Lebanon), Constantino (Tino) Aucca Chutas (Peru), Sir Partha Dasgupta of the United Kingdom and Cecile Bibiane Ndjebet (Cameroon).
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile, Agni-3 in Odisha
- India carried out a successful training launch of an Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile, Agni-3 from APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- The successful test was part of routine user training launches carried out under the aegis of the Strategic Forces Command.
- The Defence Ministry announced that the launch was carried out for a predetermined range and validated all operational parameters of the system.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Ruskin Bond Launches Gautaam Borah’s New Book
- Gautaam Borah, a senior management professional and the globally regarded author of ‘Monetising Innovation,’ releases his latest book ‘Nalanada – Until We Meet Again.’
- Ruskin Bond- a great writer launched the book.
- Gautaam’s new book is a movie-like experience that incorporates action, adventure, romance, love, grit and intuition and mystery.
- The book will take you on a breathtaking journey across all of these.
- The book is a compelling narrative of passion, retribution and an age-old mystery.
- It’s the story of Neil and Aanchal.