DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 21 AND 22-11-2021
Shankar School of Banking November 22 , 2021 36
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs releases annual cleanliness ranking
- Chhattisgarh has been awarded with Swach Survekshan Award 2021 for the third consecutive time to receive honour for the cleanest state from the President Ram Nath Kovind in the category of state with more than 100 urban local bodies.
- Indore topped the ranking for the fifth consecutive time to become the cleanest city in India followed by Surat in the second and Vijaywada to the third, in the category of city with more than 1 lakh population.
- Three cities from Maharashtra Vita, Lonavala and Sasvad won the top three places in the population less than 1lakh category.
- Karnataka was capped as the Faster Mover States with more than 100 urban local bodies, Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh topped as the Faster Mover City in the ‘more than 1 lakh population’ category securing a position in the top 100 cities.
- Mizoram topped the list in Faster mover states with less than 100 urban local bodies, Varanasi bagged the Cleanest ganga town.
- Indore, Surat, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi municipal council and Tirupati were categorized as Divya( Platinum) under the newly added performance category introduced in Swachh Survekshan 2021.
- Indore, Navi Mumbai, Nellore and Dewas emerged as the top performing cities, Chattisghargh and Chandigarh won the best performing State and Union Territory under the Safaimitra Suraksha Challenge which was launched by the Ministrty of Housing and Urban Affairs last year.
- Indore, Surat, New Delhi Municipal Council, Navi Mumbai, Ambikapur, Mysuru, Noida, Vijayawada and Patan- have been certified as 5 star cities while 143 cities have been certified as 3 star under the Star rating Protocol of the SBM-U 2.0 to reach the vison of Garbage free India.
INS Vishakapatnam commissioned and joins the Indian Navy
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has inducted the stealth guided missile destroyer ship INS Vishakapatnam of project 15-b to propel for the Indian Navy.
- INS Vishakapatnam is being devolped by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd, Mumbai, Out of the total 41 ships ordered 38 have been developed in India, as an initiative under Make in India.
- Additional Fact-INS Vishakapatnam is the first stealth guided missile destroyer under project 15b,propelled by four dt-59 reversiblle gas turbines and two Zorya M36E gas turbines.
- It is 163 metre long with a displacement of 7400 tones capable to propel at 56 kmph speed, It can also hold a crew of 300 people.
- The ship is equipped with BrahMos surface to surface missile and Barak-8 surface to air missile, It is also packed with hi tech stealth feautres with a reduced Radar cross Section.
- It also carries two HAL dhruv developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
Employees Provident Fund Organization add powers to Finance Investment and Audit committee(FIAC).
- The Central Board of Trustees (CBT) of the Employees Provident Fund Organization has decided to empower the Finance and Audit Committee in a meeting.
- It was chaired by Minister of Labour and Employment Bhupendra Yadav, The CBT has empowered the FIAC to make decisions on investment options on a case to case basis.
- This move to empower the committee would result in faster decision making and reduces the tough process of CBT meeting to decide on Investments.
- It also approved to establish four sub committees, two committees to work on Social Security Code, remaining two committees to focus on Digital capacity building, and also to deal with pension related issues.
- The meeting also decided to develop a centralised IT enabled systems by the Centre for Devlopment of Advanced Computing.
Madhya Pradesh sets a tax plan for cow welfare
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivaraj Singh Chouhan has planned to launch a tax plan for Cow welfare( gau Kalyan) during the review meeting of Madhya Pradesh Gaupalan and Livestock Promotion board.
- He instructed the board to develop 2,200 cow shelters, 6 training centres, and Set up Gauvansh Van Vihar in Jabalpur, He also instructed to restart 8 Gau sadans which were shut.
- A new tax plan will be prepared to raise the funds for cow fodder and also to promote cow products and cow phenyl.
Report released on life expectancy
- ‘Healthcare equity in urban India’ report, that explores health vulnerablities and inequalities of the various cities of India was released by Azim Premji University with 17 regional Non Governmental Organization.
- The report revealed that the life expectancy among the poorest has been lowered, It was lowered by 9.1 years and 6.2 years among men and women respectively compared with richest.
- The report revealed that a third of India’s people now live in urban areas, with this segment seeing rapid growth from about 18% (1960) to 28.53% (2001) to 34% (in 2019).
- Aanalysis of the National Family and Health Surveys (NHFS), the Census of India, and inputs from State-level health officials on the provision of health care are also included in report.
- The report, besides finding disproportionate disease burden on the poor, also pointed to a chaotic urban health governance.
Economy and Finance
Reserve Bank of India identifies illegal loan apps
- Working group on digital lending of the Reserve Bank of India has found more than 600 illegal loan apps operating in India which is availble on app stores for the Android users.
- The group revealed that the Sachet portal, developed to register complaints on digital lending established by Reserve bank under the state level coordination committee saw a rapid increase in the number of complaints received against digital lending apps.
- Most of the complaints received against lending apps are not regulated by RBI.
Two Proposals of GIFT city granted
- Two proposals of worth Rs 469 crore of International Financial Services Centres Authority(IFSCA) was approved by the Central Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- A clearance for supervisory infrastructure fund for IT worth of Rs 269.05 crore and 200 Crore for headquarter building was given.
- Additional fact-Gujarat International Fin Tec(GIFT) city is the India's first operational Greenfield smart city and international financial services center under construction in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Initially it was planned by East China Architectural Design & Research Institute (ECADI), The GIFT City's plan is for 359 hectares (886 acres) of land to have approximately 110 buildings with 5,800,000 m2 of built-up area, of which around 67% is commercial, 22% is residential and 11% is social facilities. As of April 2021, 190,000 m2 of commercial space is operational and another 280,000 m2 is under development.
Lewis Hamilton won the inaugural Qatar Grand prix
- Lewis Hamilton(Mercedes)won pushing Max Verstappen(Red Bull) to the second in the inaugural Qatar Grand Prix,This win has made Hamilton reach second in the table of 2021 driver standings.
- Lewis Hamilton has become the first F1 racer to win at 30 different circuits in Formula 1
Tamil Nadu wins against Karnataka
- Tamil Nadu defeated Karnataka in the finals of Syed Mushtaq ali trophy held at Feroshah Kotla .
Nov 21st is Observed as World Fisheries day.
Nov 22nd is Observed as World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims.