Daily Current Affairs 21/04/2021
Shankar School of Banking April 21 , 2021 254
Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
- The Fund aims to provide financial assistance to startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry, and commercialization.
- The Scheme was announced by PM during the ‘Prarambh: StartupIndia International Summit’ held on 16th January 2021.
- Rs. 945 Crore is set for or providing seed funding to eligible startups.
- An online portal and an Experts Advisory Committee (EAC) has been created by DPIIT to execute and monitor the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme.
Indigenously built Aircraft inducted into Indian Navy
- Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) 323, the first unit of the indigenously built ALH Mk III aircraft, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in Goa.
- The ALH Mk III is a multirole helicopter with Shakti engine manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- The helicopter can be used for Search and Rescue, Special Operations and Coastal Surveillance.
MoU between CCI and CADE
- The union cabinet has approved the MoU signed between Competition Commission of India and the Administrative Council for Economic Defense of Brazil.
- Section 18 of the Competition Act, 2002 permits CCI to enter into any Memorandum or arrangement with any agency of any foreign country for the purpose of discharging its duties or performing its functions under the Act.
Asian Wrestling Championship
- The 34th Asian Senior Championship was held recently in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- India became the 2nd runner-up in the game with 14 medals - 5 Gold, 3 Silver & 6 Bronze.
- Mirabai Chanu placed a new world record by lifting 119kg. The previous record was 118 kg lifted by her.
- The following are the winners from India:
- GOLD MEDAL
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya – 57 kg Men’s freestyle
- Vinesh Phogat – 53 kg Women’s freestyle
- Anshu Malik – 57 kg Women’s freestyle
- Sarita Mor – 59 kg Women’s freestyle
- Divya Kakran – 72 kg Women’s freestyle
- SILVER MEDAL
- Bajrang Punia – 65 kg Men’s freestyle
- Deepak Punia – 86 kg Men’s freestyle
- Sakshi Malik – 65 kg Women’s freestyle
- BRONZE MEDAL
- Karan Mor – 70 kg Men’s freestyle
- Narsingh Yadav – 79 kg Men’s freestyle
- Sanjeet – 92 kg Men’s freestyle
- Satyawart Kadian – 97 kg Men’s freestyle
- Seema Bisla – 50 kg Women’s freestyle
- Pooja Sihag – 76 kg Women’s freestyle
- GOLD MEDAL
World Liver Day
- World liver day is observed on April 19 every year, to spread awareness about the liver-related disease.
- The liver is the second largest and the most complex organ in the body, except the brain
- Great Indian Bustard is the state bird of Rajasthan.