DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 20-11-2021
Shankar School of Banking November 20 , 2021 44
BHEL develops anti air pollution tower in Noida
- First Anti air pollution tower in Uttar Pradesh has been inaugurated by the Central Heavy Industries minister Mahendra Nath Pandey in the sector 16a along the DND expressway,Noida.
- It is developed by Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd in collaboration with Noida Authority, 50% of the operational cost would be shared by the Noida Authority.
- The tower is 20 metre high and 9 metre in diameter, built at a cost of 4 crores, It has been built with four fans and three different types of air filters to clean dust, harmful gases and PM 2.5
- It is also automatic pulse jet type dust cleaning system to clean the PM 2.5 filter.
- The tower is planned to work with the help of electricity having a load rating capacity of 100 KW initially, The noida authority is also planning to make it work with solar power.
India re-elected to the executive board of UNESCO
- India was re elected to the executive board of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization for the term of 2021-2025.
- India Secured 164 votes among the 193 member nations and was reelected to the executive board compromising of 58 countries.
- UNESCO’s executive board is one of the three main constitutional organs of the UN agency.
- Japan, Phillipines, Vietnam, Cook Islands and China were also elected among the group IV Asian and Pacific states.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a special agency under United Nations(UN), It was established in 1945.
- It has Intergovernmental, Non governmental and private sector members from 193 countries.
- The Major role of the UNESCO is to establish and secure world heritage sites of cultural and natural importance, it also bridges the worldwide digital divide, It creates inclusive knowledge societies through information and communication.
PM delivers indigenous Defence products to the forces
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has handed over the Light combat Helicopter to the Indian Air Forces, he also handed over two drones to the Indian Army and electronic warfare suits developed jointly by DRDO and BHEL to the Indian Navy during the Rashtriya Raksha Samarpan Parv.
- He also laid the foundation stone for the project developed by Bharat Dynamics Ltd to develop and manufacture Anti Tank Guided Missile(ATGM), The estimated cost for the projects is Rs 400 crore.
- The Prime Minister announced that the admission for the girls in 33 Sainik schools have also been started.
- Light combat Helicopter(LCH) is being developed by Hindusthan Aeronautics Ltd(HAL) is an multi role attack helicopter with a twin engineI weighs upto 8 tonnes.
- It is going to be deployed in the Line of Actual Control along with AH-64E Apache Helicopters,The LCH can efficiently perform in higher altitudes.
Amazon deforestation peaks
- The National Institute for Space Research has released its report on Brazil’s Amazon Deforestaion,which showed a 15 year high.
- The report revealed that the Amazon has lost 13,235 sq km of forest in the past year from aug2020-july2021.
- It is 22% higher than the previous year levels, the report also mentioned a shocking fact that the deforestion levels has not attained below 10,000 sq km for the past 10 years.
Austria makes vaccination mandatory
- Austria is the only country in European Union to make COVID-19 vaccines compulsory from feb 1 2022.
- They are also planning to impose partial lockdowns because of the fluctuating infections.
U.S announces boosters
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of United States has authorized to administer COVID-19 booster dose for people aged 18 and above.
- They have authorized Pfizer and Moderna COVID 19 booster doses, with Pfizer being dosed with 30 micrograms and Moderna with 50 micrograms.
FINANCE AND ECONOMY
NSDL e-Governance gets approval as Account Aggregator
- National Securities Depositary Limited e-Governance infrastructure got its approval from the Reserve Ban k of India to set up an account aggregator.
- NSDL is the first Indian central security depository which comes under the control of Securities and Exchange Board of India, established in 1995.
- NSDL e governance has provided enormous e governance infrastructure to the country like aadhaar based identity authentication, It also issues PAN cards to the citizens
- Account aggregator is a data sharing system which gives easy access to financial data to different parties in different financial systems.
- An Account aggregator is considered as a Non Banking Financial Institution approved by the RBI, It helps customers to securely and digitally access and share information from one regulated financial institution to other regulated financial institution.
India Shines with Silver
- India’s Abhishek Verma won Silver medal in the compound men’s archery in the Asian Archery Championship.
- Nov 20th is observed as Universal Children’s Day.
- Nov 20th is observed as National Adoption Day.