Daily Current Affairs 17-04-2021
Shankar School of Banking April 17 , 2021 72
India Rhino Vision 2020
- Two One-Horned rhinos from Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary were released in the central part of Bansbari range of Manas National Park (MNP).
- This is 8th round of rhino translocation under the Indian Rhino Vision 2020, a joint program of WWF-India, International Rhino Foundation, Assam Forest Department and Bodoland Territorial Council.
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in the flood plains of River Brahmaputra in the Morigaon district of Assam.
- It is also called as the ‘Mini Kaziranga’ due to similar landscape and vegetation.
Three Initiatives through NIXI
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has inaugurated three new initiatives/services of National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI).
- The three initiatives for National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) were - IP Guru, NIXI Academy and NIXI-IP-INDEX.
- These initiatives will facilitate adoption of IPv6 and create an environment to ensure smooth transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
- IPv6 Expert Panel (IP Guru) contains members from government and private organizations. It’s a joint effort of Department of Telecom (DOT), MeitY & community.
- NIXI Academy is created to educate technical/non-technical people in India to learn and relearn technologies like IPv6 which are normally not taught in Educational Institutes.
- NIXI-IP-INDEX is an IPv6 index portal for the Internet community. It will showcase the IPv6 adoption rate in India and across the world.
State of World Population Report 2021
- State of World Population Report 2021 titled ‘My Body is My Own’ is a flagship report launched by the UN Population Fund (UNFPA).
- According to this report,
- Nearly half the women from 57 developing countries do not have the right to make decisions regarding their bodies, including using contraception, seeking healthcare or even on their sexuality.
- Only 55% of women have fully empowered to make choices over healthcare, contraception and the ability to say yes or no to sex.
- Only 75% countries legally ensure full and equal access to contraception.
- The UNFPA was set up with the goal to end the global unmet need for contraception, preventable maternal deaths, gender-based violence and harmful practices by 2030.
RBI to set up Regulatory Review Authority 2.0
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced the setting up of a Regulatory Review Authority (RRA 2.0).
- Deputy Governor M Rajeshwar Rao has been appointed as the head of the RRA which would be set up for one year from May 1, 2021.
- RRA 2.0 would undertake a review of the RBI’s regulations and compliance procedures similarly to the RRA 1.0 set up on April 1, 1999.
- Recently, the World’s 1st affordable and long-lasting hygiene product DuroKea Series was launched.
- DuroKea antimicrobial technology kills 99.99% of germs instantly and leaves behind the long-lasting protective nanoscale coating up to 35 days till next wash.
- This technology was developed by the students of IIT-Hyderabad.