DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 07-01-2022
India’s first Open Rock Museum inaugurated`
- Union Minister of State Science & Technology Dr Jitendra Singh has inaugurated India’s first unique “Rock” Museum and addressed the Hyderabad Scientists at the CSIR-National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI).
- It displays around 35 different types of rocks from different parts of India with ages ranging from 3.3 Billion years to 55 Million years of the Earth’s history.
- These rocks also represent the deepest part of the earth up to 175 kms of distance from the surface of the earth.
- The Open Rock Museum was set up with the aim to educate and enlighten the masses about several lesser known facts.
- He also released Earthquake Risk Maps of Lucknow and Dehradun Cities and handed over the maps to the Chairpersons or nominees of UPSDMA and UKSDMA on the occasion.
- He informed that CSIR-NGRI has made earthquake risk maps for Lucknow and Dehradun cities which are vulnerable for future earthquakes in the Indo-Gangetic plains area.
India’s biggest Skill Competition commences today
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), working under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is set to conduct the the national competition of IndiaSkills 2021.
- The closed-door event will witness participants from 26 states/UT’s competing in more than 50 skills such as car painting, patisserie and confectionery, welding, additive manufacturing, cyber security, floristry, among others.
- The competitions will be held at multiple locations, including Pragati Maidan, from 7 to 9 January under Covid-19 protocols mandated by local authorities and the state government.
- IndiaSkills 2021 National Competition is being conducted following four Regional Competitions that were held in East (Patna), West (Gandhinagar), North (Chandigarh) and South (Visakhapatnam) during October-December.
- Participants for regionals were selected through competitions organised at the district and state levels between August and September 2021, which recorded over 250,000 registrations.
- The winners of IndiaSkills 2021 National Competition will undergo rigorous training to represent India at World Skills Shanghai, China to be held in October 2022.
National Skill Development Corporation CEO- Manish Kumar
National Skill Development Corporation headquarters-New Delhi
PM inaugurates Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set to inaugurate the second campus of Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI) in Kolkata via video conferencing.
- The second campus of CNCI has been built at a cost of over Rs 530 crore, out of which around Rs 400 crores have been provided by the Union government and rest by the West Bengal government, in the ratio of 75:25.
- The campus is a 460 bedded comprehensive cancer centre unit with cutting edge infrastructure for cancer diagnosis, staging, treatment and care.
- The campus is equipped with modern facilities like Nuclear Medicine (PET), 3.0 Tesla MRI, 128 slice CT scanner, Radionuclide therapy unit, endoscopy suite, modern brachytherapy units etc.
Cabinet approves Green Energy Corridor Phase-II
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the scheme on Green Energy Corridor (GEC) Phase-II for Intra-State Transmission System (InSTS).
- It is aimed for addition of approximately 10,750 circuit kilometres (ckm) of transmission lines and approx. 27,500 Mega Volt-Amperes (MVA) transformation capacity of substations.
- The scheme will facilitate grid integration and power evacuation of approximately 20 GW of Renewable Energy (RE) power projects in seven States namely Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
- The scheme is targeted to be set up with total estimated cost of Rs 12,031.33 crore and Central Financial Assistance (CFA).
- The scheme will help in achieving the target of 450 GW installed RE capacity by 2030.
The Green Energy Corridor (GEC) Phase-I is under implementation in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu for grid integration and power evacuation of approx. 24 GW of RE power and is expected to be completed by 2022.
MoU between India and Nepal approved
- The Cabinet has approved the has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Nepal for construction of bridge over Mahakali River at Dharchula (India)- Dharchula (Nepal).
- It is aimed to further improve diplomatic relation between the two countries.
- Mahakali River is also known as Sharda River, It orginates at Kalapani Uttrakhand and flows along the wetern border of Nepal with India.
- It runs for about 14,800kms and joins the Ghagra river-a tributary of River Ganga
Agreement between India and Spain approved
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of agreement between India and Spain on Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters.
The agreement has following provisions
- The correct assessment of customs duties, especially information pertaining to the determination of the customs value, tariff classification and the origin of the goods traded between the two countries.
- The authenticity of any document produced in support of a declaration (such as certificate of origin, invoices etc.) made to the requesting authority.
- Customs offence concerning illicit movement of Arms, ammunition, explosives and explosive devices, Works of art and antiques, which are of significant historical, cultural of archaeological value, Toxic materials and other substances dangerous to the environment and public health, Goods subject to substantial customs duties or taxes, New means and methods employed for committing Customs offences against Customs legislation.
North Korea successfully tests hypersonic missile
- North Korea has successfully tested a hypersonic missile, its first major weapons test this year.
- According to a state media report, the test precisely hit a set target of 700 kilometer yesterday.
North Korea Capital- Pyongyang
North Korea Leader-Kim Jong Un
BANKING, FINANACE AND ECONOMICS
Reliance launches Mega Bond Sale
- The Reliance Industries Ltd has launched a mega bond sale aimed to raise $3-5 billion from its offshore investors.
- This will be the largest ever bond sale by an Indian company to draw overseas money and 2022’s first fundraising from India.
- The proceeds received will be used to refinance exisiting debt with a funding cost benefit and to finance capital expenditure.
- The Company has received bids about $11-12 billion and also known as order book size in the market style.
- Global bidders have included PIMCO, Fidelity, Black Rock, Eastspring, Agriculture Bank of China, Mizuho bank, Singapore based UOB asset management, Hong Kong based BFAM oppurtunities Fund and China Life Insurance.
Reliance Industries Ltd Managing director-Mukesh Ambani
Elegibility Criteria for specified users of CIC’s
- The Reserve bank of India has released the elegibility criteria for Specified User of Credit Information Companies.
- The criteria sets out the requirements for the entities to become eligible as Specified User of CIC under the Credit Information Companies (Amendment) Regulations, 2021.
- As per the requirements, a specified user should be a company incorporated in India or a statutory corporation established in the country.
- A company incorporated in India having a net worth of at least Rs 2 crore, will be eligible to be categorised as Specified User of Credit Information Companies (CICs).
- The RBI informed that the entity should have a certification from CISA certified auditor that it has a robust and secure information technology system in place for preserving and protecting the data relating to the credit information as per the provision of the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005 and Rules and Regulations framed thereunder and any other applicable Regulations, Guidelines in this regard.
Highest ever Monthly exports `
- India’s export recorded $37.29 billion in the month of December, which is the highest ever in a single month, as per the data of Ministry of Commerece and Industry.
- The export increased since the demand for engineering products, petroleum items and gems and jewellery continued to increase.
- India’s export rose by 37% compared to the values of the previous year i.e December 2020.
- India is also set to achieve its annual export target of $400 billion in the first nine months of 2022.
- T.S Tirumurti has been appointed as the chairman of UN security council counter-terrorsim committee for 2022, He is the India’s permanent representative to United Nations.
- Vijay Paul Sharma has been reappointed as the Chairman of Commission for agricultural costs and Prices(CACP).
- Ashok Kumar has been appointed as the director general of National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG).
- Jan 7th is observed as the Old Rock Day, marked to remember the Earth’s history and pay tribute to geologists.