DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 06-08-2022
NPCI and IIT Kanpur Signs MoU
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
It has been signed for sharing knowledge on innovative ideas and to collaborate on the development of indigenous digital payments solutions.
- The collaboration will help in the augmentation of cybersecurity controls for NPCI and its subsidiaries’ products and services.
- This collaboration with NCPI further strengthens its goal to achieve a holistic cyber secure ecosystem for our country.
K-DISC Signs MoU with LinkedIn
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC) and the ICT Academy of Kerala under the Kerala Knowledge Economy Mission (KKEM) initiative.
This partnership aims to boost the employability skill among the youth of Kerala and aggravate relevant jobs for them using LinkedIn talent insights and learning tools.
- Different products and services of LinkedIn will be made available for students.
- It will also coach students on creating their online professional brand.
NHA Joins Hands with Quality Council of India
The National Health Authority (NHA) has partnered with the Quality Council of India (QCI) for six months.
The objective is to accredit and rate HMIS (Health Management Information System) and LMIS (Laboratory Information Management System) solutions that have integrated with Ayushman Bharata Digital Mission (ABDM).
It includes ease of usage, user interface, pricing, number of features and value for money/pricing so that prospective purchasers may get credible information.
India-Mauritius Joint Trade Committee
India and Mauritius held the 1st session of India-Mauritius High-Powered Joint Trade Committee on 01 August-03 August 2022, in New Delhi.
It had been constituted as per the mandate of the India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership agreement (CECPA).
It is to review the general functioning and implementation of the India-Mauritius CECPA which entered into force on 01April 2021.
- CECPA is the first trade Agreement signed by India with a country in Africa.
Adani Enterprises Partners with Israel Innovation Authority
Adani Enterprises Ltd (AEL), the business incubation arm of the Adani Group, has signed an MoU with the Israel Innovation Authority (IIA), the public-funded agency of Israel's innovation policy for cooperation in technological innovations.
The MoU will lead to the creation of a ‘cutting-edge innovation platform’.
It will allow Adani businesses to access tech solutions provided by Israel.
SAFF Under-20 Football Championship Trophy
India lifted the SAFF U-20 football championship trophy by defeating Bangladesh 5-2 goals in the final at Kalinga stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
India won this championship for the second consecutive time.
AWARDS & PRIZES
Karnataka Ratna Award
- Actor Puneeth Rajkumar, who died at the age of 46 in 2021, will be awarded with the Karnataka Ratna Award posthumously.
- Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai has announced the Kannada film award on 01 November 2022.
- The Karnataka Ratna is the state's highest civilian award.
- Puneeth Rajkumar was the son of veteran actor Rajkumar.
- He will be the 10th recipient of the state’s highest civilian honour.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
CFO of BharatPe
- Nalin Negi has been appointed as the new chief financial officer (CFO) of Fintech startup BharatPe.
- He is the former chief financial officer of credit cards issuer SBI cards.
- In his new role, Negi will be working towards making the company’s EBITDA positive by March 2023 and leading the financial readiness for the company, which is getting ready for an initial public offering (IPO).
- EBITDA stands for earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Indigenously Developed Laser-Guided ATGM
The indigenously developed Laser-Guided Anti-Tank Guided Missiles ATGM were successfully test-fired from Main Battle Tank MBT Arjun by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army
It was tested at KK Ranges with support of Armoured Corps Centre and School Ahmednagar in Maharashtra.
Laser Guided ATGM employs a High Explosive Anti-Tank HEAT warhead to defeat Explosive Reactive Armour ERA protected armoured vehicles.
- The ATGM has been developed with multi-platform launch capability and is currently undergoing technical evaluation trials from 120 mm rifled gun of MBT Arjun.
IIT Roorkee Partners with DRDO
The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has collaborated with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee to develop defence technology and produce indigenous defence equipment.
IIT Roorkee in collaboration with the Defence Electronics Application Laboratory (DEAL) of DRDO has developed indigenous radio frequency power amplifiers to meet the futuristic requirements of programmable radios.
It has designed these amplifiers to be simultaneously able to fulfill the high-efficiency requirements (for thermal management) and good linearity for signal fidelity.
- The designs have been simultaneously optimized for Size, Weight and Power (SWaP). These amplifier units have superior performance achieving high efficiency.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
New Book Titled ‘Lockdown Lyrics’
Odia literature Sanjukta Dash’s collection of poems ‘Lockdown Lyrics’ was published by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
The poems offer an unfiltered account of the pandemic author’s experiences and frustrations.
She has captured all of humanity’s suffering, hopes and aspirations during this society’s most pivotal trip in a long time.
New book titled ‘Lion of The Skies: Hardit Singh Malik’
‘Lion of the Skies: Hardit Singh Malik, the Royal Air Force and the First World War’ are a book about India’s first fighter pilot who served in World War I before the Indian Air Force was formed.
Stephen Barker is the author of the book.
It shows in great detail how difficult it was for an Indian to serve in the British military services combating racial prejudice – both institutional and interpersonal.
- Hardit Singh Malik flew as a fighter pilot with both the Royal Flying Corps (RFC) and the Royal Air Force (RAF) during World War I.
- He is also India’s first Ambassador to France.
Partition Horrors Remembrance Day
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has announced all Universities and Colleges to observe 14 August as Partition Horrors Remembrance Day.
They have been asked to organize programmes and seminars to commemorate the sufferings and sacrifices of millions of Indians during the partition in 1947.
- UGC chairman Prof M Jagadesh Kumar announced that it is important to encourage students, staff and faculty members to participate in the observance of 'Partition Horrors Remembrance Day' in large numbers.