DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 02-07-2022
Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out the Maiden flight of the Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator from the Aeronautical Test Range at Chitradurga in Karnataka.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment in Bengaluru.
- The aircraft exhibited a perfect flight, including take-off, waypoint navigation and a smooth touchdown. This aircraft is powered by a small turbofan engine.
- It is a major achievement toward autonomous aircraft and will pave the way for ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ in terms of critical military systems.
India's Largest Floating Solar Project
NTPC has commissioned India’s largest floating solar power project.
NTPC Ltd has declared the Commercial Operations Date (COD) of the last part capacity of 20 MW out of 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project in Telangana.
- Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project is India’s largest Floating Solar Plant commissioned by NTPC.
- With the successful commissioning of the last part capacity of 20 MW out of 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project at Ramagundam, Telangana is declared on Commercial Operation with effect from 01 July 2022.
- With the addition of 42.5MW, the total commercially operational power generation capacity of Ramagundam floating solar project had reached 80 MW in March.
- Now the last 20 MW of the capacity has been commissioned by the state-run power major.
- According to the ministry, the total installed capacity of NTPC is 69,134.20 MW having 23 coal based, seven gas based, one Hydro, 19 renewable energy projects.
UP Government to Issue Family Cards
- In a major step towards eradicate unemployment in Uttar Pradesh, the State Government is going to issue cards to each and every family.
- With the help of Family cards, the government will identify the families who do not have any government job or any kind of employment.
- The government will try to provide job, employment or self-employment to at least one member of such families.
- Distributing a loan of 16 thousand crore rupees to 1.90 lakh artisans and small entrepreneurs in a function held in Lucknow, the Chief Minister Yogi announced that the government is with an action plan to connect one person from every family with a job, employment or self-employment.
‘EV Mitra’ Mobile App
The Bengaluru Electricity Company BESCOM has developed EV Mitra mobile app to provide information about EV charging stations in Bengaluru.
- The user-friendly app can be used by electric vehicle users to book in advance a slot in the station.
- BESCOM had earlier introduced the EV Jagruthi Web portal as a joint initiative of NITI Ayog and the United Kingdom.
- The web portal gives state specific information on the availability of electric vehicles, incentives, support mechanisms and initiatives of the state government regarding electric mobility.
- BESCOM has started 136 charging stations in Bengaluru and another 152 such stations will be started soon. Under the Public Private Partnership model, tenders have been invited to establish 1000 charging stations across the state.
SBI to Issue and En-Cash Electoral Bonds
- The Union Government has authorised the State Bank of India to issue and encash Electoral Bonds through its 29 Authorised Branches, from 01 July to 10 July 2022.
- The Ministry of Finance highlighted that the Electoral Bonds will be valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue and no payment will be made to any payee Political Party, if the Electoral Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period.
- Electoral Bond deposited by an eligible Political Party in its account will be credited on the same day.
Star Health and IDFC FIRST Bank
Star Health and Allied Insurance, one of the leading Health Insurance companies in India has signed a Corporate Agency agreement with IDFC FIRST Bank for the distribution of its health insurance solutions.
- Under the agreement, Star Health will offer its health insurance products to the bank’s customers using the latter’s digital platform and its distribution network.
- The strategic tie-up with IDFC First Bank is a step to make health insurance more accessible to all.
- It will help reach out to IDFC First’s customers and enable them to financially safeguard themselves from rising healthcare costs.
- IDFC FIRST Bank has a digital-first approach and serves customers through its net banking platform and a mobile app, which complement its branches, ATMs and loan centers across India.
Diamond League Meet
Tokyo Olympic Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra won a Silver Medal at the prestigious Diamond League Meet in Stockholm and broke his own previous record.
Neeraj Chopra in the Diamond League in Stockholm threw 89.94 meters and while doing so he broke his own National Record.
- Anderson Peters won the event with a best throw of 90.31 meters.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
New chairman of Reliance Jio
The Reliance Industries Limited Chairperson and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani has resigned from the board of Reliance Jio, the telecom arm of the oil-to-retail conglomerate RIL.
- The Board of directors of Reliance Jio approved the appointment of Mukesh Ambani’s eldest son Akash M Ambani, non-executive director, as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Reliance Jio.
- Mukesh Ambani will continue to serve as chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and as the chairman of Jio Platforms Ltd, the parent firm of all Jio digital services brands, including Reliance Jio Infocomm.
- The Board approved the appointment of Pankaj Mohan Pawar as managing director of Jio for 5 years.
- KV Chowdhary and Raminder Singh Gujral were named independent directors for 5 years.
Chief Minister of Maharashtra
Eknath Shinde was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
- Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari administered the oath of office to Mr. Shinde.
- He has become the 20th Chief Minister of the State.
- Devendra Fadnavis was sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA’s CAPSTONE Mission
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) spacecraft named Cislunar Autonomous Positioning System Technology Operations and Navigation Experiment (CAPSTONE), a lunar orbiter was successfully launched on Rocket Lab’s Electron rocket
- It was launched from the Rocket Lab Launch Complex 1 on the Mahia Peninsula of New Zealand.
- The microwave-oven-sized CubeSat was designed and built by Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, a Terran Orbital Corporation.
- It will study a specific orbit where NASA plans to build a small space station for astronauts to stop before and after going to the moon’s surface.
- CAPSTONE is a 12-unit CubeSat.
- It will test a navigation system that will measure its position relative to NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) without relying on ground stations.
National Doctors’ Day
National Doctors’ Day is celebrated every year on 01 July.
It is celebrated to honor the birth and death anniversary of the great physician and second chief minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy (B.C Roy).
- The theme of this year’s National Doctors’ Day is ‘Family Doctor on the Front Line’.
- National Doctors’ Day was first celebrated in the year 1991.
National Postal Worker Day
- National Postal Workers Day is celebrated every year on 01 July.
- It is observed to show appreciation for the postal workers’ hard work that they put in to deliver our mail and deliveries on time.
- Postal workers walk or travel miles a day to deliver letters and packages to our doorsteps.
- National Postal Worker Day in 1997 was declared by a Seattle-area postal carrier to honor fellow employees and since then it is celebrated every year.
National Chartered Accountants Day
- National Chartered Accountants Day, often known as CA Day, is observed every year on 01 July.
- The ICAI was established on 1 July 1949 to regulate the accounting laws in India.
- In the same year, an expert committee suggested the formation of an autonomous body and the Chartered Accountant Act in 1949.
- The second-largest accounting association in the world, ICAI is the national professional accounting organization of India.