AIM-PRIME scheme launched
Shankar School of Banking April 1 , 2021 73
- Department of Scientific and Industrial Research - Promoting Innovations in Individuals, Startups and MSMEs (DSIR-PRISM) scheme was launched by Union Minister for Science & Technology.
- It is an initiative of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR).
- The programme is implemented across various sectors from energy to healthcare to waste management and others.
President Kovind prorogues fifth session of 17th Lok Sabha
- President of India prorogued the sessions of the parliament recently.
- The Article 85(2-a) states that “The President may from time to time Prorogue the House or either House”.
AIM-PRIME scheme launched
- Atal Innovation Mission and NITI Aayog together launched the AIM-PRIME (Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Entrepreneurship) scheme.
- It is an initiative to promote and support science-based deep-tech startups & ventures across India.
- The program will be implemented by Venture Center - a non-profit technology business incubator, while the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) has joined with AIM to launch this program nationwide.
Indo-US naval exercise concluded
- The two-day naval exercise between India and the US – PASSEX held in the Bay of Bengal was concluded.
- Indian Navy deployed its warship Shivalik and long-range maritime patrol aircraft P8I in the exercise while the US Navy was represented by the USS Theodore Roosevelt carrier strike group.
India - Bangladesh sign MoUs during the PM visit
- India and Bangladesh signed MoUs in the fields of Disaster Management, trade, NCC, ICT and setting up of sports during the 2-day visit of PM to Bangladesh.
- Rooppur Nuclear power plant foundation stone was laid.
- A direct passenger train named ‘Mitali Express’ to be operated between Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri.
- Subarno Jayanti Scholarships were announced for the Bangladeshi students to study in India at the Undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
World Immunisation and Logistics Summit
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare digitally participated in a panel discussion on vaccine production and distribution across Asia at the “World Immunisation and Logistics Summit”.
13 Golds for India in ISSF World Cup
- India won 13 Gold, Eight Silver and Six Bronze medals in the ISSF World Cup Competition in Delhi.
- The International Shooting Sport Federation is the governing body of the Olympic Shooting events in rifle, pistol and shotgun disciplines, and of several non-Olympic Shooting sport events.