How to Prepare for SBI PO Prelims 2019 (Two Month Study Plan & Strategy)
SBI PO 2019 Notification is already out and it’s time to kickstart your SBI PO exam preparation for both preliminary and mains phases. The online application of SBI PO will close on 22nd April and the prelims exam will start on 08th June, which gives you approximately 60 days to prepare for this exam! And believe me, when I say this, it is more than enough to prepare for your exam, provided you study with proper determination and stay honest with yourself as far as your preparations are concerned.
A good study plan and proper preparation are crucial for sure shot success in SBI PO Exam 2019. To help the aspirants, we are here with a two months study plan and complete preparation strategy which will help you understand ‘how you should prepare for the SBI PO exam 2019’.
Shankar IAS Academy, as always, will be here to help you ramp up your SBI PO exam preparation. So, without further ado, check this Study Plan for SBI PO 2019 Prelims exam now and kick start your exam preparation!
How to kickstart SBI PO 2019 Preparation?
Here are a few key things, which you must take note of, before starting your preparation:
1. Familiarise yourself with the latest SBI PO exam pattern
● The pattern of SBI PO prelims exam has changed this year with the introduction of the sectional time limit.
● This means that you no longer have the liberty to spend time on any particular section as per your convenience.
● Each section of the prelims exam will now be separately timed, i.e. 20 minutes per section will be available in the exam. So, familiarise yourself with the latest exam pattern of SBI PO before you start your exam preparation.
2. Identify the important topics of SBI PO Syllabus
● Check the previous year’s exam analysis of SBI PO.
● This will help you identify the important topics from the detailed syllabus of SBI PO.
● You can also attempt the previous year’s question paper of SBI PO for this.
● Cover the topics which are commonly asked and carry more weightage in the SBI PO exam (both prelims & mains) first.
3. Understand the new changes introduced in SBI PO 2019
● Apart from the introduction of the sectional time limit, SBI has also removed the sectional cut off in the PO prelims as well as mains exams.
● Now here lies the catch. Although there is no sectional cutoff, each section is individually timed and thus, you cannot focus on just one section to crack this exam. You need to study each and every topic thoroughly in order to make it to the merit list of SBI PO.
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Tips
We have already mentioned that if you make efficient use of these 60 days, you can easily crack the SBI PO Prelims exam 2019. But for that, you need to start your SBI PO preparation right away. So, prepare well and make these 60 days count in order to make it to the merit list of SBI PO!
Since this is the initial phase of the preparation of SBI PO, here are a few important tips:
● If you have a look at the Prelims phase of different bank exams conducted last year, you’ll see that no major variations in the pattern were introduced.
● IBPS did vary the topics in different slots of its prelims exams but there was no particular new pattern-based question. The only thing that changed was their length and difficulty level. So, to be precise, you need to work hard and attempt more.
● This brings us to the most important tip. Prelims exam of SBI PO is all about Speed. SBI PO prelims is basically a speed test and you need to push yourselves to attempt at least 65-70 questions in the Prelims exam. And how do you achieve that? The answer is pretty simple: Practice!
● Another major thing that you need to take care of is Accuracy. There’s no point attempting 60 questions in the SBI PO Prelims exam if you are not able to attempt them correctly. Attempting questions with accuracy is essential because you cannot afford to put your correctly attempted questions at stake.
● Preliminary Exam is just Qualifying in nature. In simple terms, you need to attempt a sufficient number of questions to be shortlisted for the Mains exam. Remember, SBI will prepare a merit list based on the overall scores of the candidates and will shortlist the students (approximately 10 times the total vacancies) from the top of this list. In simple terms, you need to attempt a high number of questions, with accuracy.
● With this latest pattern change, you need to figure out the best possible way to attempt enough questions from each section in the prescribed time frame (20 minutes per section).
● This brings us to another major tip for SBI PO Prelims exam - Question Selection.
Let us elaborate this with the help of an example. You need to target at least 20 questions in the English section as per the latest pattern change. Now in order to achieve that, you need to attempt the questions smartly. For instance, if you take up too much time in reading a passage, there is no point attempting an RC first. It would be better to go for cloze test, spotting errors and filler-based questions at the start of this section, which will easily fetch you marks. After finishing these topics, you should move on to RC, since 20 minutes are more than enough to attempt the English section and you'll have ample time to read the passage, even after you're done with the other topics of this section.
You need to think along similar lines for Reasoning ability and Quantitative Aptitude sections as well. Select the questions that you attempt carefully.
Now, a major question that was put forward by many students,
How do I start my preparation for SBI PO Prelims Exam?
Well, leave your study plan to us, your goal should be to focus on your studies. But before you start preparing, here is a small assignment for you. Try out our SBI PO free mock test. We’ll tell you why it is relevant.
This test consists of the latest pattern-based questions of bank exams, with a special focus on the level of SBI PO exam. It will not only acquaint you with the level and changed pattern but will also help you in self-analysis. You may ask, why is it important? Like we mentioned already, Speed, Accuracy, Time Management and proper Question Selection are the key to clear this exam. And this mock test will serve that purpose. After attempting the mock test, you can analyze which topics need to be worked on and what all topics you are good at. This is essential because you should start your preparation once you have a crystal-clear understanding of your strong and weak areas.
Now let’s come to our Study Plan of SBI PO Prelims 2019!
SBI PO Prelims 2019 Study Plan
We will segment the SBI PO study plan into 2 pieces - Month 1 and Month 2. Let’s now see how you should cover the different topics of SBI PO syllabus in the time span of 60 days.
Month 1 Study Plan of SBI PO 2019
● This phase should be all about clearing the basics of the topics. There is no use jumping to high-level questions if you’re not clear about the basic approach. So, make sure that you sort that out first.
● This is also crucial to work on your accuracy. If your concepts related to different topics are clear, you’ll be able to attempt the questions correctly.
● If you already have a thorough understanding of the basics of all the topics, take this exercise to work on your speed.
● Let us now have a look at the topics that should be focused on for different sections in this month :
English Language Reasoning Ability Quantitative Aptitude
● Cloze Test ● Inequality ● Number Series
● Spotting Errors ● Syllogism ● Simplification/Approximation
● Sentence Improvement ● Linear/Circular Arrangements ● Data Interpretation
● Reading Comprehension ● Coding- Decoding ● Arithmetic Topics : Ratio, Average, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Time and Work
● Fillers ● Puzzles (especially floor or box based) ● Quadratic Equation
● Seating Arrangement
● Make sure that you cover the above-mentioned topics based on old as well as the new pattern.
● If you look properly, the above topics will cover almost 60% of the prelims syllabus of SBI PO.
● Attempting the quizzes on a regular basis becomes crucial now if you wish to improve your speed. Make sure that you do not miss out any quiz that has been posted in the day, especially Quant, Reasoning and English Quizzes.
● You will find the daily quizzes posted on Shankar IAS Academy under the ‘Study’ tab on your home screen.
● Make sure that you attempt the quizzes regularly. If you do, trust us, you’ll observe the difference in your scores over time.
Month 2 Study Plan of SBI PO 2019
● This month should revolve around the thorough practice of topics studied in the previous month.
● You’ll also need to cover the remaining topics in this month. These are :
English Language Reasoning Ability Quantitative Aptitude
● Para Jumbles ● Blood relations ● Quantity and Comparison based questions
● Sentence Rearrangement ● Direction Sense ● Data Sufficiency
● Match the column ● Alphanumeric Series ● Miscellaneous (Remaining Topics)
● Revision of topics of Month 1 ● Order and Ranking ● Revision of topics of Month 1
● Revision of topics of Month 1
● Apart from this, make sure that you also attempt full-length tests of SBI PO prelims exam on a regular basis. This is essential to work on your speed and time management.
● Regular practice of the mock tests will help you work on your speed and improve the number of questions that you are attempting.
● Attempting at least 3-4 full-length tests in a week is a must.
● Do analyze your performance after every test. This exercise will help you with your question selection in the Prelims Exam.
● Your aim should be improving your marks and attempts with each test, irrespective of the difficulty level of the test.
Concluding, we would just like to add that once you set your heart and mind at something, you can accomplish anything you want. Yes, it will be difficult. Yes, you may feel dejected at times and wish to give up. But remember, how you deal with that situation will eventually define you. No matter what, Don’t Give Up. Keep yourself focused on your goal and you will definitely achieve it.
We started a day-wise study plan for SBI PO prelims exam, which will help you in the better preparation of this exam.
Attempt SBI PO Mini Mock Test Here!
For in-depth conceptual clarity in all topics for SBI PO 2019 exam in English take a look at SBI PRO Course 2019. Prepare with expert faculty who have vast teaching experience for CAT and Banking exams. This is the best possible utilisation of your time to get ready for the exam. Your medium should not be a hindrance in your success. Enrol Now.
For more details, call on 7667766266 or follow the link below. You can also send us an email at email@example.com
SBI PRO Course 2019 : A Shock-proof course to crack SBI PO -
In case you haven't filled online application form for SBI PO 2019 yet, apply now!