DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 07-07-2022
MyGov, the world’s largest citizen engagement platform was launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
On 06 July 2022, MyGov Gujarat- the 18th MyGov state instance has been launched.
- The citizen centric platform has been launched with 4 key objectives
- Discussion Forum on Saving rainwater and sharing water saving tips.
- Discussion Forum on Ease of Living through e Governance.
- Poll on Swachhtha Abhiyaan.
- Blogs on Digital Seva Setu.
- It is the idea of bringing the Government closer to the common man. MyGov has evolved into a platform that allows citizens to contribute ideas and suggestions and make participative governance a reality.
Western Railway Opened Its Longest Skywalk
The Western Railway’s (WR) longest skywalk from the Khar Road railway station to the nearby Bandra Terminus has been opened for the passengers to reach the platforms to board trains easily.
The skywalk measures 314 meters long and is 4.4 meters wide.
The platform connecting the two stations is also connected to the other platforms of Bandra Terminus Station.
- The construction of the skywalk was carried out at a cost of around Rs 14 crore.
- The skywalk will help connect the various foot over bridges (FOBs) of the railway station of the Bandra Terminus.
PM Modi to Unveil Statue in Andhra Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 30-feet bronze statue of freedom fighter Alluri Sitarama Raju celebrating his 125th birth anniversary.
- The statue was installed in the Municipal Park at ASR Nagar in Bhimavaram, commemorating with Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav to mark the 75th anniversary of Independence.
- Alluri Sitarama Raju, popularly known as 'Manyam Veerdu' led the attack on British forces.
Indian Air Force Father-Daughter to Create History
- Indian Air Force fighter pilots Air Commodore Sanjay Sharma and Flying Officer Ananya Sharma have created history by becoming the first father and daughter in the IAF to fly together on a sortie.
- They flew in a formation of British-origin Hawk-132 advanced jet trainers in Karnataka.
- Air Commodore Sharma has commanded a Mig-21 Squadron and frontline fighter station.
Accession Protocols for Finland and Sweden
Member states of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) signed the Accession Protocols for Finland and Sweden at NATO Headquarters.
The next step will be the approval of the two countries’ membership in the legislative institutions of each member state.
The 30-member NATO group seeks to promote collective security among its members.
- At the Madrid Summit, Allied leaders agreed to invite Finland and Sweden to join NATO following the agreement of a trilateral memorandum between Türkiye, Finland, and Sweden.
Implementation of New Pledging DDPI System
The Capital Market Regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has extended the deadline for the introduction of the Demat Debit and Pledging Instruction (DDPI) system to 01 September 2022.
- Earlier the deadline for implementation was July 1, 2022.
- With the implementation of the guidelines, the Power of Attorney (PoA) would be replaced with Demat Debit and Pledge Instruction (DDPI) documents.
- This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and Section 19 of the Depositories Act, 1996.
- It is to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of and to regulate the securities markets.
- The existing PoAs will continue to remain valid till the time the client revokes the same.
SIB Partnered with Kerala Forest & Wildlife Department
- The South Indian Bank has signed an agreement with Kerala's Forest and Wildlife Department.
- It is to enable digital collection of payments at eco-tourism centers, Vanasree shops, mobile Vanasree units and eco-shops across the state.
- Through this partnership, the digital collection system of South Indian Bank will now be available in all the 124 tourist spots under the Forest Department.
- The easy digital payment system by the bank will be more convenient for the customers who visit the sales outlets run by the Kerala Forest and Wildlife Department.
AWARDS & PRIZES
Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards 2022
HCL Technologies received recognition at the 2022 Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards for its creativity and use of Microsoft technologies in client solutions.
HCL Technologies also won the 2022 UK Microsoft Partner of the Year Award as well as the Microsoft Partner of the Year Award for Healthcare and Life Sciences.
The IT business was also selected as a finalist for the Internet of Things category of the 2022 Microsoft Partner of the Year Award.
- The Awards honor Microsoft partners who over the previous year created and provided exceptional Microsoft-based products, services, and devices.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Force Commander of UN in South Sudan
India’s Lieutenant General Mohan Subramanian has been appointed the Force Commander in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres announced the appointment.
Subramanian succeeds Lieutenant General Shailesh Tinaikar of India.
- Almost 20,000 peacekeepers serve with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan to protect civilians and build durable peace in the conflict-affected country.
First Black Woman on US Supreme Court
Ketanji Brown Jackson has been sworn in as the new associate Supreme Court justice, becoming the first black woman and the first former federal public defender to serve on the nation’s highest court.
Jackson succeeded Justice Stephen Breyer upon his retirement from the court.
She served as a district judge for the United States District Court for the District of Columbia from 2013 to 2021.
- She was also vice-chair of the United States Sentencing Commission from 2010 to 2014.
World Zoonoses Day
World Zoonoses Day is observed annually every 06 July.
This day aims to shed light on diseases that originate in animals that can be transmitted to humans.
“Let’s Break the Chain of Zoonotic Transmission” is the focus of this year’s World Zoonoses Day.
- On this day on 6th July 1885, a French biologist named Louise Pasteur who is also very known for his theory of pasteurization successfully administered the first-ever vaccination given for a zoonotic disease.
Freedom fighter P. Gopinathan Nair
Noted Gandhian and freedom fighter P. Gopinathan Nair passed away at Neyyattinkara in Thiruvananthapuram. He was at the age of 100.
Gopinathan Nair played a major role in popularising Gandhism across the country. He was jailed for participating in Quit India Movement.
The nation honoured Gopinathan Nair with Padma Shri in 2016.
- He had served as the president of Gandhi Sevagram Ashram for 11 years.