UP Govt launches Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana
UP Govt launches Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh Government has launched Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana which will provide financial assistance to family of farmers who die or become handicapped while working in fields.
- That government has also decided to implement Mukhyamantri Paryatan Samvardhan Yojana to boost tourism in state.
- Under the 'Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana, if a farmer or any member of his family dies while working in a field then they will be given financial assistance of five lakh rupees.
- For the first time, the scheme will also include the Bataidars, who work in the field of other persons and share the crop after it is harvested.
Maharashtra Cabinet approves proposal to make Tanhaji- The Unsung Warrior" tax-free
- PicsMaharashtra Cabinet has approved a proposal to make Ajay Devgn-starrer "Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior" tax-free in the state.
- The film based on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's trusted lieutenant Tanaji Malusare, who played a pivotal role in capturing the Kondana fort, now known as Sinhagad Fort located near Pune. The film, starring Ajay Devgn, Saif Ali Khan and Kajol, has been directed by Om Raut.
India opens its first Mahatma Gandhi convention centre in Niger
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar and President of Niger Mahamadou Issoufou jointly inaugurated the first convention centre established in Africa by India to honour the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The establishment of the Mahatma Gandhi International Convention Centre (MGICC) is a landmark for India-Niger friendship, as also a symbol of India's firm commitment towards Africa.
- It is the first centre to be established in Africa by India to honour the memory of Mahatma Gandhi whose 150th Birth Anniversary was observed last year.
- The convention centre has been designed as a spacious, modern and eco-friendly facility, including a 2,000 capacity Plenary Hall, to witness high-level and wide-ranging participation from African Union member states and other high-level conventions.
Brazil President Bolsonaro to be chief guest at 71st Republic Day
- President of Brazil Jair Messias Bolsonaro will arrive in New Delhi on Friday on a four-day state visit to India. President Bolsonaro will be the chief guest at the 71st Republic Day Parade at Raj Path in the national capital on January 26.
- He will be accompanied by a delegation comprising of seven Ministers, Chairman of Brazil-India Friendship Group in the Brazilian Parliament, senior officials and a large business delegation.
- President Bolsonaro will meet President Ram Nath Kovind on 25th of January who will host a Banquet in his honour. On the same day, he will hold talks with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Vice President and the External Affairs Minister will call on President Bolsonaro.
- On 27th of this month, President Bolsonaro will address Indian and Brazilian Business leaders at the India-Brazil Business Forum
PM Sheikh Hasina launches e-passport facility in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh launched the e-passport facility for its citizens. Inaugurating the facility of e-passport in Dhaka on Wednesday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said that e-passport is a gift to the nation in the Mujib centenary year.
- The e-passports will have an embedded chip in them which will contain the bio-metric data of the passport holder, photograph and other information contained in the passport. It will also include digital security features in it.
- Bangladesh is the first country in South Asia and 119th country in the world to provide e-passport facility. According to the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), over 490 million e-Passports are in circulation in the world.
Procurement of defence equipment worth over Rs 5,000 cr approved to promote indigenisation
- Defence Acquisition Council, DAC has approved procurement of equipment worth over five thousand 100 crore rupees from indigenous sources to promote indigenization. They include sophisticated Electronic Warfare Systems for the Army designed by Defence Research and Development Organization, DRDO and manufactured locally by the Indian industry.
- The DAC headed by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh met to consider a number of new and ongoing proposals for procuring critically needed platforms and equipment for the Armed Forces.
- The council also approved prototype testing of trawl assemblies designed by DRDO for T-72 and T-90 tanks providing an important indigenous de-mining capability to the Army.
- The DAC also accorded approval for inclusion of Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) in Defence Procurement Procedure. This will provide avenues in capital procurement for the Armed Forces to startups and innovators working for iDEX and provide huge fillip to their budding efforts.
V. Chandrasekhar honoured with the lifetime achievement award
- Three-time National table tennis champion V. Chandrasekhar was honoured with the lifetime achievement award by the Rotary Club of Madras T. Nagar at the Taj Connemara.
- India tennis legend Vijay Amritraj, who was the chief guest, presented the award in an event that also saw golfer Amit Luthra being felicitated with the vocational excellence award.
President Kovind confers Rashtriya Bal Puraskar awards to children
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar, 2020 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Bal Puraskar is given by government every year to recognize exceptional achievements of children in various fields.
- These fields are innovation, scholastic achievements, social service, arts and culture, sports and bravery.
- Twenty-two children who were selected for National Bravery Awards also received the awards from the President.
India's Divij Sharan and his partner Artem Sitak progress to 2nd round of Australian Open
- India's Divij Sharan and his New Zealand partner Artem Sitak progressed to the second round of the Australian Open men's doubles event at Melbourne.
- Sharan and Sitak got the better of the Portuguese-Spanish duo of Pablo Carreno Busta and Joao Sousa 6-4, 7-5 in a thrilling one hour 28-minute encounter.
- The duo will next face the winner of the first-round match between 10th seeds Mate Pavio-Bruno Soares and Ben Molachlan and Luke Bambridge.
- In Men's singles event, defending champion Novak Djokovic made short work of Japanese wildcard Tatsuma Ito as he progressed to the Australian Open third round today.
Khelo India: Assam's Shivangi surges ahead with fifth gold medal
- Assam's swimming sensation Shivangi Sarma stamped her signature on the Khelo India Youth Games 2020 in Guwahati on Tuesday with a fifth freestyle swimming gold medal.
- With this Shivangi emerged as the most successful individual athlete.
- Kenisha Gupta was just as successful, who won her third gold to add to the two relay crowns that she anchored Maharashtra's teams to victory.