CURRENT AFFAIRS (7th April )
Shankar School of Banking April 7 , 2019 22
- 3rd day National Cardiology Conference started in Lucknow
- On 5th April 2019, the 3-day National cardiology conference 2019 has been started at Sanjay Gandhi post Graduate Institute of medical science in Lucknow, Uttar pradesh.
- To build disaster-resilient infrastructure in Asia, around $1.7 trillion needed per year
- According to recent Asian Development Bank’s reported titled ‘Asian Development Bank outlook 2019: Strengthening Disaster Resilience around 26 trillion dollars from 2016 to 2030, or 1.7 trillion dollars investment needed per year to build disaster-resilient infrastructure in Asia.
Morocco-US joint Exercise AFRICAN LION 2019 started in Morocco
- The 15th edition of the Morocco-US sponsored AFRICAN LION 2019, took place in Morroco.
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- SEBI agrees to create ‘Airport specific Fund’ Worth Rs 10,000 crore
- Under category II Alternate investment Fund for the first time SEBI has approved an ‘airport specific fund’. The name of the fund is ‘Taking off To the future Airport Fund. it can raise a capital amounting to 1.55bn.
- A new seller funding programme named ‘Amazon Wings’ was launched by Amazon India.
- A new seller-funding programme named ‘Amazon wings’ has been launched by Amazon india in partnership with Mumbai based Ketto, a crowd-funding platform to help the small business and entrepreneurs to raise funds through later.
- Global Slag Company of the year award was won by Tata steel
- Tata steel bagged the Global slag company of the year award at the 14th global slag conference and exhibition 2019, for its innovative practices in the development of new applications for steel-by products.
- Pali scholar Dr Gyanaditya shakya honoured with president award of Maharshi Badrayan vyas samman 2019
- Uthampur based North command wins air weapon championship for the fourth time in a row.
- Biologist, Sydney Brenner passed at the age of 92. He was born in Gauteng, South Africa.