CURRENT AFFAIRS ( 10th APRIL )
Shankar School of Banking April 10 , 2019 14
President Launched CRPF Veer parivar App for Families of Martyred CRPF Troops
- The app launched after the president paid his tribute to the fallen troops at the National police Memorial in Delhi on the occasion of the CRPF’s Valour day.
- A military Exercise military between India and Singapore ‘BOLD KURUKSHETRA’- 2019 started in Jhansi‘s Babino Cantonmen
- To strengthen cooperation against terrorism, develop defence technology and boost maritime security.
- Vice admiral Bimal Verma drops petition challenging Karambir Singh’s appointment as navy chief
- He will be seeking the ‘statutory remedy’ of approaching the government.
Emirates Islamic, a bank in Dubai, become the world’s first Islamic bank to launch banking via whatsApp
- Emirates Islamic bank launched a chat banking facility for its customer via WhatsApp and become the world’s 1st bank in the Islamic banking sector to give such facility. HDFC AMC claims first position in terms of Assets
- According to data released by the AMFI (Association of Mutual Funds in India), India’s asset management companies have owned assets under management worth Rs 24.46 trillion. India’s steel demand to grow by over 7% in FY19, FY20
- As per the Indian steel Association, India’s steel demand is grown by over 7 percent in 2019 and 2020, due to the sectors like construction, capitals goods and railways.
British Government ‘White paper’ named online harm’s draws focus to users (mostly children’s)
- The British Government has published an ‘online harms white paper’ which is open for public consultation focuses to make online social media platforms responsible to safeguard users, especially children.
Google’s Wing launches its first commercial drone delivery service in Australia.